Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Getting Dressed



Last week Ryan was in a time-out in his bedroom. When I let him out he had changed his clothes. He has a tall dresser and the things he could most easily reach were pants and long sleeve shirts. This particular time he had a pair of socks...which are in the top drawer and should be unreachable. He told me that he climbed the drawers to get the socks. Thankfully his dresser is attached to the wall.

Since then I have made some changes. I rearranged the clothing so that his pj's, underwear, socks, t-shirts, and shorts are in the bottom two drawers. Also I put a stool in his bedroom just in case he decides he needs to get in other drawers (I don't want to test that wall anchor).

The best thing about this all is the last 3 days he has picked out his clothes and dressed himself. The last 2 days I sent him to his room to get dressed himself and he has come down dressed appropriately both times! (Not necessarily the combinations I would pick but not bad enough to make him change!) We even got new tennis shoes for him last night and he can put those on himself. Yeah!!!!

No comments: