Sunday, June 22, 2008

Michigan

We got home today from another trip to Michigan. Thankfully the drive home was as quick and uneventful as it could be (7 hours with a half an hour stop).






CAR QUOTES (6/19 - on the way to Michigan)
* "DADDY! Do I have to be mad at you all day!"

* "Oooh, I have an idea Mom. If you take your seat belt off you can reach my cool book, etch-a-sketch, and everything!" -- after I told Ryan I couldn't reach something he had dropped

* As we drove through construction the lanes were shifted over and we had to drive over some rumble strips (which used to be on the shoulder), every time Alyssa would say "ooooo" in an attempt to copy the sound it made.

* "I want eee" - every time Alyssa wants something she says that. I'm still trying to figure out what "eee" means...maybe eat or please...maybe something totally different, who knows. But every time she wants something she says it over and over again.



RYAN & DANIELLE'S WEDDING
The wedding was a lot of fun. Ryan & Danielle looked fabulous and most important extremely happy! We really enjoyed seeing our friends from John's days at Chrysler. They had a fun photo booth so we could all have a picture and they get a CD with the images. John was having a bit of difficulty figuring out how to stand so his head wasn't cut off :)



While we were off enjoying ourselves at the wedding my Grandma watched the kids with a little help from Aunt Jane and Uncle Doug. We hear Aunt Jane was able to put the kids to bed no problem, which is often easier said than done! I was honestly afraid I would get a call and have to drive back to get them to bed (specifically Ryan). It was really nice to have the kids spend so much time with their Great-Grandma. I'm kicking myself now as I realize I didn't take many pictures...as always. Here is on of Alyssa, very proud of herself for climbing onto the chair by herself.



No comments: