Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ryan Quotes

**exasperated sigh** "How many times do I have to say this" -- We had just finished eating lunch (he ate almost an entire full sized sub sandwich) and he was telling me that he was hungry. I told him there was no way he was hungry. He told me several more times that he was
hungry, followed by the quote above.

"I am SO mad at you. You are not going to take me to Chuck E. Cheese OR McDonalds OR everything...OR playgroup!" -- This was in the car on the way home from playing at a park and eating lunch.

"Momma, the boys and girls are not going to like you" -- I dared to scold him for something yesterday and was quickly informed that I was not going to be liked.

Everytime Ryan goes to bed he needs to tell me three things. If he does not tell me as I'm leaving, I now ask if he has something to say to me. At which time he will respond with...
"Pick up my toys, not my cars"
"Tell Alyssa to go to sleep"
"Is it going to be short or long?"
If he does not say those three things I can count on Ryan sneaking down the stairs a few minutes after I leave. It's not fool proof but it seems to help.

If Alyssa is sitting on the couch looking at a book or something and not playing with Ryan, he will come over and say (over & over again)...
"I'm leaving you, Alyssa. Alyssa, I'm leaving you now. Alyssa, I said I'm leaving you."
I'm sure he is trying to 'scare' her into playing with him, kind of like how we scare him into leaving the park sometimes.

Sometimes when we have to change Alyssa's diaper or put her to bed Ryan will say...
"Give me my sister back"

He says sweet & clever things too but he just had his snotty ride home...I'll try to post some of those things as I remember them or as he comes up with new ones.

One more that he just said... "My tummy says I want to go to the playgroup" "My tummy says I want to go the park and I really want to see Evan...yeah that's what my tummy says." -- Not exactly sure where the tummy thing is coming from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just picture Ryan saying all that...love it :)

Jill